Monday, February 15, 2010

In the Mold - Loopy Fruit and Vanilla Pudding

Whew! It's been much too long! I've been really excited to soap a fruity rings (fruit loops) type scent. It smells so good and smells EXACTLY like the cereal! The kids are going to love this. My husband says he wants a bowl of Fruit Loops now. :)

The coloring didn't turn out quite as I expected but one important fact of soapmaking is that soap rarely turns out as envisioned. :) There is much more white in the main part of the soap. It will be so much fun to unmold this one!

Here is "Loopy Fruits" in the mold waiting to go in the freezer.


Since it had been so long, I was having a hard time leaving it at just one batch so I decided to test out a vanilla batch. I know that this one will discolor some so I did a white reverse swirl in it. It's quite yellow right now and it looks and smells just like vanilla pudding. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up with a tan or brown soap. I'm eager to see it's transformation.


Now it's time to start planning what I'm going to do next. I just love to make soap!

6 comments:

krissy said...

I can't wait to see those fruit loops soaps cut !!!

thesage.com said...

The Loopy Fruits soap looks amazing! I'd love to see what it looks like cut!

Andee

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

You're using my favorite molds! I'd love to see the soap in the blue mold unmolded. I've been thinking about getting a couple of those myself...

Holly said...

Thanks!

Patrice, I just love the green molds from Crafters Choice. I've used the blue one a couple of times now. The last time I used it was for my shampoo bars. I just ordered another one so I play even more. :) It can be hard to move so I'm going to start using a piece of card board or something under it just to move it.

Amy W said...

Your swirls look amazing! I still haven't experimented with that many colors. Can't wait to see it out of the mold!

boywva said...

Wow! The fruit loops one is very colorful. Bet the vanilla ones smell really good too.