Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pepperwood Soap - In The Mold

I made a second soap yesterday while I as in the soap kitchen. (It's not so much a kitchen...ah, you know what I mean.) This one is called Pepperwood and I have to thank Kyme with Alamo Candelaria for naming this soap. It is a great name as it's a blend of cardamom, pepper, rosewood, sandalwood, vetiver, tonka bean, and amber. It is definitely pepper-y and woody. I played on the cardamom part and sprinkled the top with ground cardamom and also added some cardamom pods. It compliments the scent perfectly. I also took the seeds from a vanilla pod and incorporated it into the middle layer.

The design of this soap is inspired by this beautiful soap by the user '71blissful' on Youtube. I have always wanted to make a light brown and tan soap like that one. I think I came close! :-)

The soap has a brown layer on the bottom colored with cocoa powder. The middle layer has the vanilla seeds and lighter bit of cocoa powder. The top is uncolored.

I have already cut this soap with my new snazzy wazzy single-wire cutter and I must say that I am such a happy camper right now! The soap turned out great and the cutter is beyond awesome!






This video is kinda sorta silent because the fan was on high to keep the Kiss of Sun soap cool. So I just cranked up my music and decided to not talk. However, the fan was SO LOUD on the video that I adjusted the sound before I uploaded it. I was going to add some music but I must say that YouTube has such a sad selection. I'd rather just have no music. :-)


2 comments:

Amy@10th Ave. said...

Mmm...I love cardamom. I bet that blend smells fabulous! And the cut pics are where????!!! (tee hee)

Erica P. said...

Sounds and looks awesome! I really like the name, too. Can't wait to see the cut bar.