Friday, October 22, 2010

Princess Kisses - Cut

I'm just so excited about this batch. It's pretty, smells great, and is my favorite recipe so I know I'm going to love using it!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Princess Kisses - A Remake

I can't even tell you how badly I needed to make a pretty soap! I think my whole soapmaking hobby relied upon making something I could be super pleased with. So I went with a fragrance oil that I could depend on and used up my castile colors for the topping. This soap is actually a remake design-wise. I changed up the fragrance oil and used Black Raspberry Vanilla from WSP instead of White Tea and Ginger. I just love working with BRV from WSP. It is a mellow FO and shows no temper whatsoever. :) It does the heart good to make a well-behaved and pretty soap. :D

Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Look Back

I've come a long way since my first batches of hot process!



Posted by Picasa

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It Got Worse! And A Tomato Soap

HAHAHAHA! I have gotten some good laughs from this soap. I went to take pictures of my tomato soap and saw that my ugly soap had gotten uglier. :)

This is my tomato soap that I did at the same time as the pumpkin soap. It was a crazy experimental soap but I think I'm going to like it. I kind of geared it towards something I can use as a facial bar. I think it looks like pumpkin pie! Note to self: Use tomato paste in next year's pumpkin soap!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What a Disaster!

Well, I'm even surprised with how badly this soap turned out. It is so bad. I don't know if I should attempt to rebatch it or not.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Gonna send that FO to the corner!

I worked with an extraordinarily naughty fragrance oil yesterday. I wanted to give it a major time-out. I used WSP's Mid-Summers Night. I removed some soap to remain unscented and then added the fragrance oil. First off the oil is an amber color so that threw off my whole plan from there. Then the moment the fragrance oil hit the soap it immediately began ricing and curdling the soap. I tried stick blending for a bit and that helped some. I decided to run the soap through a sieve so that I could break down the lumps. That worked until the soap was super thick. So then I whisked the remaining soap and got in a good workout! I had intended to color some of the soap blue and some of the soap green. So I divided the soap and colored it as planned. It wasn't the color I wanted due to the amber-ness of the fragrance oil but I decided to just go with it. At this point the soap was so thick that it had a grainy, curdled texture to it amongst the soap-on-a-stick. I knew a swirl was out so I glopped in some blue and some green and some blue again. Then I had the plain, unscented soap yet to use so I poured it on top and worked it in some. I dolloped the remaining soap and attempted to do a little swirl on top but that did not work due to how thin the unscented soap was. So anyhoo---this one really makes me laugh and it should be interesting to see what it looks like unmolded.

I glittered one loaf and left the other plain as it is a very manly scent.

It definitely has a weird texture.

Also an update on the pumpkin cream pie soap. I ended up getting a partial gel in one loaf and not so much of one on the other. It also almost looks like the fragrance oil didn't blend in well. I am sure it's going to get much darker still.