Monday, January 23, 2012

Delicious & Princess Kisses Soaps

Yesterday when I went to cut my Alice and Bella soaps, they were much too soft. After reviewing my recipe, I realized I'd added too much liquid. So as such, I was eager to get back into the soap kitchen and make my revised recipe. When I went downstairs to make soap today, Bella was ready to cut but Alice was not so I decided to hold off until tomorrow.

Today I made two more girly soaps. One is yet another remake of Princess Kisses. I used a Herbal Essences dupe. I've soaped this scent several times but this one is from a different supplier and did not turn my soap batter yellow like the other always does. The top has soap chunks from other batches.




I also soaped a dupe of DKNY Be Delicious. The soap base is white with green and pink swirls and then the additional green and pink on top.





Tomorrow I hope to be able to cut all the soaps. Until then, here is a video to enjoy. :)

8 comments:

Two Blooms Design Studio said...

Lovely soapies and nice colours. How did you do the intro part of your video with your blog photo and your blog URL? Is that part of youtube?

Michelle

*Anna* said...

Wonderful soaps again! I really like those girly colours! Thanks for the video ;)

Anna

Holly said...

Thank you!

Michelle - I use Windows Live Movie Maker (it's free for PC) and just add my intro picture. I made the picture/logo in Adobe Photoshop and saved it as a JPEG and then just added it right on to the beginning.

Christie said...

Can't wait to see Princess Kisses cut!! Looks beautiful :D What is the glitter that you use on top of all your soaps??

Holly said...

Thank you. I used a white glitter this time but usually I use iridescent from Rustic Escentuals.

Patti said...

Loving Princess Kisses!

The Lazy Lacquerist said...

These are both SO pretty, I just love your soaps! Cannot wait to see them cut x

Two Blooms Design Studio said...

Holly,

Thanks, I'm on a Mac so going to experiment and learn iMovie to see if I can do some sort of intro.

Michelle