Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

I woke up feeling so awesome and I knew that I wanted to get into the soap kitchen. I also know it was good thinking that I didn't soap yesterday as I wasn't feeling so great and I do believe that it comes through in the soap. Soaping always goes better when I'm feeling good.

So I kicked off the soaping new year by making Cantaloupe & Lily and a fresh and clean scented soap too. I haven't figured out a name for it yet. It's a blend I made and it is a clean laundry type. Very nice!


I wanted to go into a more natural direction but when my last several soaps turned out not so fabulous, I needed a fun and sweet smelling soap.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Waiting for de video. I want to see how you making the topping.
Best regards,
Miranda

Two Blooms Design Studio said...

How lovely, the white one looks especially cool.

Happy New Year :)

Michelle

The Lazy Lacquerist said...

They look fab! Love the topping.... and I just love New Year soaping! I made two today :))

Holly said...

Thank you! The video is still uploading. :( It should be done in 30 minutes though!

Celine - wasn't soaping on New Years Day the absolute best? So fun!

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Yup me too. Made soap. felt fun and right and fresh and besides I was in no mood to put all the Christmas junk away yet.

LOVE the swoop on the white, like a great beach wave. WHeeeeeee!!!!

Jennifer Young said...

Both look gorgeous!! Keep the awesome posts coming!! xo Jen

The Lazy Lacquerist said...

Totally agree Holly... I made two yesterday! No video though as the Titch is studying for her post grad exams.

Holly said...

Thank you!

Celine, I'd love to see another soaping video from you sometime! It's so fun to see other soapmakers work!

I extend that to all the soapers that read this. ;D