Saturday, January 23, 2010

Today's Batches

This is what I was busy doing this afternoon. I used my new heart molds and the new fish mold that I bought for the kids. I had a little mishap along the way and it sure did take a lot longer than it should have, but I'm quite pleased with the end result.


The pink soap is Raspberry Vanilla scented. I added red jojoba spheres to the soap and dusted with glitter. The heart molds are so cute! I did dust the "bottoms" with glitter so they'd be pretty for the pictures. :)




In the loaf molds, I have a new batch of Chamomile Lavender. I find this scent to be just fantastic and addictive. This time I used buttermilk instead of goats milk. I mixed in green and purple jojoba spheres and sprinkled them on top as well, with a dusting of glitter.




Both batches immediately got thick on me. I was moving along just dandy and they were about to a thin-medium trace and then boom...thick like pudding. Ornery they were today!

4 comments:

Topcat said...

Looking great and I love that you add sparkles to everything! :)

Milla said...

Gorgeous! I love thick soap because then you get the fluffy tops! Love the glitter and sparkles.

Chasity said...

That sooo reminds me of my kitchen when I'm making candles and tarts! Such beautiful soap! Do you sell on Etsy yet? If not, you should!!

Holly said...

Thanks! No, I don't sell yet. I'm still doing some research and development. :p