Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sparkly Clean - In The Mold

We had another showing on our house today. As soon as we got home, I beat it downstairs to make soap before another chance was taken from me! Yesterday was a rollercoaster of showings scheduled, then cancelled, then another scheduled just as I headed to make soap. So I'm tickled that I actually was able to get this batch done! I wanted to go simple this batch, one color and no swirls! :) I colored it a light blue and it is scented in a clean, laundry, cotton scent. I know it is a popular scent and today I discovered why. It is just lovely! I had to add sparkles of course. How can I not? This batch is chillin' in the freezer and I will cut it in a couple of days.


6 comments:

Topcat said...

Beautiful! I always love your sparklies :)

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

Love the sparkles! I'm working on a similar project using the SAME mold, but yours really dazzles:)

Artisan Soaps said...

That looks sooo pretty Holly .. I love the way you have it raised in the middle and textured!

I actually have a sample of a clean cotton scent but it's too much for me oob so I haven't used it .. Do they mellow or morph nicer when soaped?

Holly said...

Thanks! About the scent, this is the first time I have used it. Laundry scents do tend to give me a headache so I used it lightly. As I was stirring I thought it smelled quite nice and floral maybe?

I'm looking forward to seeing your project Patrice!

Kim said...

I think you really hit it with your co. name: Sparklebrook:) I love your sparkly, glittery soaps:)

Susannah Iredale said...

That looks beautiful