Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Huckleberry Harvest

I'm quite intrigued by my Huckleberry Harvest soap. I really thought the interior was going to be the same ugly tan color that was on the top. It had really lightened up in the mold. Then I cut it open and this is what I found!


The border is just so goofy! I have seen pictures of the border thing before but now I can't remember where. Feel free to give input on why it has this border. The purple swirl is almost indistinguishable.

Bottom line: I like it! :)

Mmm...Chamomile Lavender.... LOVE IT! :)

3 comments:

Cocobong Soaps said...

Hi Holly,
I've had that goofy border in some soaps and totally loved it. Wish it had stayed, but during curing time it darkened to the same shade as the rest of the soap. Let me know if yours sticks around :)

Anne-Marie said...

Hmmm. It sounds like a normal vanilla discoloration to me. Once all the sides oxidize, it will probably be all one color. I love it too!

Amy W said...

I'm so behind on reading right now, but I did go back and see what you've been up to - such a busy soapmaking bee!! I don't think I would have come up with purple and brown, but it does look rather nice together!