Monday, April 2, 2012

Creamy Dreamy Citrus Soap


Here is my soap for the Week 2 Challenge. It is my four milk soap of goat milk, coconut milk, buttermilk, and cream. It has a scent blend of grapefruit, litsea, lime, and a smidgen of white vanilla fragrance. It smells so good! It is one of my most favorite blends.

I am really excited about the success of this milk soap. I really enjoyed melting the large milk pieces with the lye and now I feel more confident doing it again. It was very relaxing. It's a good thing because I had a bunch of leftover milk so I have another 5-6 lbs of milk separated out into ziplock bags in the freezer. I liked freezing the soap into the fun bug shapes but I just had way too much milk to get frozen right away.



You can oogle over all of the other Week 2 participants here at Amy's blog.

The challenge for this week is to make piped soap. I have done that before and it wasn't something I really enjoyed and so I am debating whether I will do it or not. However, that should be a good enough reason to challenge myself to do it again. I have seen lots of piped soaps made since then and maybe I've picked up a few hints along the way. We shall see! Don't wait on me! :-)

7 comments:

Amy W said...

Your soap is so delightful, Holly! Not a smidgen of ash on those tops - did you have to rinse them or are you just that good? "White" vanilla sounds like a good investment!!

Donna OShaughnessy said...

your bars look heavenly, so soft and relaxing

BeckaBoo82 said...

Looks beautiful! So creamy and pale!

Traci said...

Great photo staging (and the soap looks good too :))

Holly said...

Thank you ladies! Right now I don't smell much of the vanilla but I find this scent blend blooms with cure. It really didn't have any ash! Go figure!

SoDakSoaper {Kalla} said...

they look so creamy! I really like the way you photographed your soap, too!

Two Blooms Design Studio said...

Your soap looks wonderful and the scent combo sounds great. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Michelle