Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Raspberry Patchouli Soap

This is the sample batch of raspberry patchouli I made almost two weeks ago. I used that little bamboo drawer organizer. I was so excited about it and at 3x6 inches I thought it would be perfect for all the 1 oz fragrance oils I have. When I made the soap I had a lot of soap left over. I never thought to measure the inside of the box. DUH. :-D So the inside is only 2.5 inches and of course it wasn't as tall either. So the bars are 2.5 x 2.25. They are definitely cute though! I think I'm just going to have my husband build some test size molds for me instead. The scent did pop out a little more but it's not super distinct. I don't really smell raspberry and not a lot of patchouli. It actually reminds me of Hippy Christmas by NG. I think this scent is alright but I'm not wowed by it.






I did not video the cutting of this one because I wanted to test out my new wire cutter and didn't want to video that the first time. The cutter worked perfectly! I couldn't be happier with it! My awesome neighbor now has a multi-wire cutter in the works. Oh boy, I hit the jack pot! My super awesome neighbor might be selling these custom cutters in the very near future, if you are interested!







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful simple design but really pretty color combination :)