Thursday, December 12, 2013

Back To It!

Hi everyone! I know my blog has taken a back seat recently and I hope to update it more. November was just a crazy month for me. Fun, but crazy! I decided to take a break from selling in December but I will be back in January. It will most likely be mid-January as several of my soaps won't be ready until then. I am enjoying this time away from selling to get back into making product. In the last week I have made 2 huge batches, Rainbow and Crema y Cacao. Moving into the new year, I would like to make bigger batches so I don't have to remake soaps quite so often.

First up was my Rainbow soap. It is scented in a positively delightful pear scent. I just love the color and it makes my eyes happy.




The other large batch I made was Crema y Cacao. This is another favorite! It is an unscented soap with double the cocoa butter and extra cream. It is a very hard bar of soap and super luxurious. It is my preferred soap for the winter and anytime I just need a no-nonsense bar of soap. The cocoa butter scent does come through to the finished soap. It is fabulous! I will admit I had a different plan for the top, but I love it in all it's rustic beauty. It is such a classic bar of soap.




I have so many remakes to do and I'm excited about it! :-)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you making soap videos. I just adore your videos. Happy soaping and I look forward to more videos. :) also I am new to your blog so I am excited to find this.

Myriam said...

Wow!!!!

Viele Grüße
Myriam

SoapJam said...

Thank you for the videos! I love using your soaps! :-)

Natalia said...

Wow, so perfectly done!

Anonymous said...

Oooh Holly, your Rainbow soap is a stunner! The colours are beautiful and the layers are so well defined. Thanks for the videos - I'm not soaping at the moments so they are helping me through my withdrawal ;-)
Vicki

Anne-Marie said...

Your Rainbow Soap is perfect! Love it! =)

Unknown said...

When will the rainbow soap be ready for purchase?

Holly said...

Thank you everyone! Erica, the Rainbow soap was listed in January and sold out immediately. Sorry about that! If you would like to 'like' my Facebook page, you can stay up to date on remakes and other fun soaps that I make. :-)

Unknown said...

RE your THURSDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2013 The Making & Cutting Of Rainbow Soap: I loved your video, your skill in soapmaking is a beautiful talent. I have a question though, after each color layer had hardened slightly, did you spray the layer with alcohol before pouring the next layer? Also do you use mica colorants? Thank you.

Holly said...

I make cold process soap so no, I did not spray it with alcohol first. I use a variety of soap colorants. Thanks!