Sunday, December 12, 2010

It Was Worth A Try

I had just enough supplies to make one batch of soap so I decided to try something experimental. I was attempting to follow this tutorial by Amanda. I was going along fabulously but then my soap thickened up too much on me. I used full water and used a slower tracing recipe, but I knew there was a pretty darned good chance that it would happen. I played around the best I could before the soap wouldn't even come out of the squeeze bottles. I used up the last little bit of my mediterranean fig fragrance oil and the soap will be perfectly fun for me to use so it's all good. :)

Now it's time to head into the real kitchen in this house and whip up some Rice Krispy Treats and Ina's Mac and Cheese.


Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

She makes that tutorial look so easy, lol! I'm a creature of habit, so it'll take me a while to try something this daring and fabulous. I always wondered how some soapmakers made those pretty flowers and stuff in their soaps, but it never dawned on me that it was done this way!

Amy W said...

How cool is that! You know I'm going to have to try it now too. :)