Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Berry Lemonade/White Chocolate & Honey

I did some late afternoon soaping yesterday. I needed to get those soap balls made before that loaf I made for it got too hard. I split the batch and made two different loaves.


I did another double-pour for the Berry Lemonade soap. I cut the soap balls with a melon baller and so they aren't completely round. The balls are also only on top. The fragrance is my own blend.


This one is a blend of the oh-so-popular Honey Vanilla Love Dust fragrance and also some white chocolate. I left the base uncolored but I did use stabilizer and titanium dioxide on it. Once again, it's an experiment to see if it will stay fairly light. I topped that with some unscented orange/honey colored soap and then the white dolloped on top for the white chocolate part.


I don't like using so many additives like the vanilla stabilizer but I've decided that as long as I'm using up the fragrances that I will do my best to make the soaps as pretty as I can while I'm at it. I don't believe that I'll purchase any more stabilizer in the future. I'll just allow my vanilla soaps to go dark.

I'm in the process of uploading the videos to my YouTube channel right now.

3 comments:

Between Friends said...

Hi, I've been quietly lurking here at your blog for a long while and now I'd like to give you the Versatile Blogger Award. Check out my post to find out more about it! - Maggie

A Life Deliberate Soap Co. Blog said...

They are beautiful. For some reason eblogger hates my guts and han't let me comment, of late. Cut those babies! Can't wait! :)

Manolo said...

Hola, quería preguntarte sobre el estabilizador, donde puedo conseguirlo,quiero conseguir un jabón de Coco o Vainilla que no se oscurezca.
Saludos.